What business issues/customer pain points led to desire to change?
- The process for purchasing your first home is lengthy and disconnected
- Requires creating many different accounts on different platforms:
- Submit profile information on platform 1
- Upload specific documents on platform 2
- Get bank statements through platform 3 and upload to platform 2
- Send messages on platform 4
- Video call on platform 5
- Double handling of data
- Customer has to enter the same information multiple times through the purchasing journey
Why did the Customer reach out?
- Wanted to improve the process flow for a customer purchasing their first home
- Potentially an all-in-one solution
- Taking the existing experience to the next level
Was there a previous solution?
- Signing up and creating multiple accounts
- Entering the same data into each account
- Manual handling of communication between third party providers
- A different piece of technology for each step of the process
- An all-in-one solution did no exist previously
If so, why was it inadequate?
- Too many accounts needed to be created
- Too much double handling of the same data
- Some technology platforms were difficult to use
- Quality of data required following up on
What solution(s) was proposed?
- Responsive web application
- Centralised database
- Cloud-based storage
- Seamless partnerships and integrations
- An all-in-one, start-to-finish process flow for purchasing your first home
- WebRTC video chat
- Real-time chat
- Digital signing
How were Automatum engaged?
- Deploying the infrastructure required to host the solution in a timely manner inline with the required security safeguards of integrating to financial institutions.
What were the key technologies used for this solution?
- Ruby on Rails framework
- EC2 instances
- S3 storage
- Redis server
- Action cable
- AWS Chime
Were there any unusual or unique aspects to this project?
- Recommended that data and storage be based in Australia
- Certain portions of the platform needed to be real-time
- Devices needed to be WebRTC compatible
Who is using the solution or affected by it?
- First home buyers
- Real-estate investors
- Real-estate developers
- Real-estate marketers
How well does the solution resolve the customer's challenge(s)?
- Customers are able to get onboarded into the system and essentially purchase their first home without needing to leave the system to create another account
- Paperless system
- Double-handling of data is reduced
- Everything in one place
What are the Business benefits? (Measurable!)
- Massive savings in time
- Doesn't cost the customer to use the platform
- Managing the flow for purchasing a new home is all in one place
- The main documents and information is accessible from a few clicks away instead of having to go off system
- Key person risk has been mitigated as all the documentation relevant to an application is available in a single place instead of being in the hands of a single person
- The business has access to all the data available in each application
- Information isn't being withheld and in the handles of a sole person
End user satisfaction
- Time to purchase your first home has dramatically improved
- Performance can be tracked in real-time
- Relevant details and documents are readily available
- Simple all-in-one process